Lips, Brows, Eyes- Oh My!
Lucky for all of us whom are sulking at the dismal condition of our wallets (no longer in holiday euphoria) spring makeup trends for 2013 will keep our pocket books in check- ahhh sigh of relief! Fall trends are trickling into the new year saving us endless hours and money at the cosmetics counters.
1) RED LIPS- I guess we haven’t had enough of this look because it ain’t going nowhere. From dark crimsons, to pinky red the range is endless. For those of you that haven’t ventured into reds, make the leap this spring. Use an angled brush and clean up around your lip with some foundation. This really helps make the lip clean and crisp.
2) Don’t be afraid to be bold with Eyeliner. If you do the usual line the top and line the bottom, play it up a lot and try the cat eye trend. Or if you want to make your eyes smoulder after lining your eyes smudge the eyeliner for a sexy soft look. I love this trick bc you can skip the eye shadow if you want and under eye corrector.
3) It’s time to check your mascara and maybe time for a replacement. Lashes are making a statement this season- heavy application of mascara for a chic-clumpy look, fringy twiggy inspired, inked up lush lashes.
4) My favourite- BOLD BROWS-nothing frames your face like a full set of brows. If anything this season spend time on creating a great shape and filling in the sparse areas.
5) Colours of blue and green inspired by the Mediterranean are showing a strong presence for spring. Turquoises, jades and aqua lined eyes both top and bottom. Wearing the colours close to the lash line makes the trend wearable during the day.
For a full recap checkout: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/spring-2013-makeup-trends#slide-1